FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Sunday, August 28, 2011

RUSSO'S NEW YORK PIZZERIA: HOUSTON, TEXAS

If you're ever craving a New Yprk style brick oven pizza for lunch, go to Russo's New York Pizzeria. I went to the one on Bunker Hill and I-10 on a weekday for lunch with a co-worker. We got the lunch special: 1 create your own slice of pizza (4 toppings) or 1 specialty slice + salad + bread sticks.
Those four toppings was the hardest decision I had to make in a while.
We sat at the bar so we could watch our pizzas being made and tucked away into the Brick Oven. Less than 10minutes later, I had to minimize the salivation that was forming.
The slice alone covered the entire plate and was everything I imagined it would be.
The pepperoni was crisp, the Basil was topped after the slice came from the oven, so it was fresh, the red onions were soft and sweet with a slight crisp, and the mushrooms absorbed all of those delicious flavors around them!
I topped mine with the grated parmesan and red pepper flakes.I can't wait to try everything else on their menu. I will definitely be going back for another lunch pizza rendezvous!

I also saw on their menu an amazing (almost too good to be true) Sunday brunch: 1 free fire coal breakfast pizza with the purchase of a $10 entree. Are you serious??? Sounds like, Breakfast/ Lunch and Dinner is covered!

Luckily I snagged a quick picture before I devoured the entire thing. YUMMM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment